Monday, December 6, 2010

Ben Folds

When I was 15, Heather, my girlfriend at the time, made me my first ever mix tape. It wasn't much of a mix tape, just a bunch of Ben Folds's songs. And ever since that day, I've been in love with his music.

Ben Folds Five - Army (Official Music Video). Watch more top selected videos about: Ben Folds Five


He's got style. He's got class. He's got humour. He's an amazing musician. And a bloody good songwriter. I've been lucky enough to see him a few times now, including playing with a symphony orchestra and even playing with a Tegan and Sara. He is just such a good performer with such great songs that I recommend everyone go see him at least once in their life.

Luckily for you, you can go and see him again very soon. May 17th at QPac. A great venue for the great performer. Unfortunately, tickets will be pushing past $100, but it should most definitely be worth it. This tour will feature a lot of his new album, which he co-wrote with author Nick Hornby. But you can guarantee he will pull out all of his hits, and hopefully some covers too. I'm still waiting to see him play his Dr. Dre cover live.

No comments:

Post a Comment