Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Bad Day Down

The last of my Brisbane bands may not even exist anymore. I don't know. They mainly aren't Brisbane people either, with members hailing from the USA and Sydney, but they are still based here. They are Bad Day Down.


For years every punk show I would go to in Brisbane, whether locals or internationals, they'd be playing. Probably by pure repetition alone, they became one of my favourite punk bands, even with their ultra-political songs. I saw them so many times that I knew their songs without even owning an album. I eventually did track down their CDs, but now that no longer matters.

A while back they put their latest CD online for free, so grab it here. A few songs on this album did the rounds of Triple J for a while, but since they opened Propaghandi last year, not a peep from them. They could be broken up, but I have no idea. Just enjoy the free album and the great punk.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for this.

    We are not so much broken up as completely inactive. Our last show was not long after the Propagandhi shows with Rise Against. It became a bit too hard after I moved to Melbourne. Maybe if we decide we still have something to say again as Bad Day Down... *shrug*

    The Bens (b1 and b2) are in a great band in Brisbane called The Blasted Heath with two of the guys from The Quickening and I am in a Band here in Melbourne with two members of Yidcore (also sadly taking a bit of a break) called Damn the Empire.

    Just a couple corrections, no one was from Sydney, we had an American (me), a Brit (b1) and a couple of (kinda) Australians. :)

    And thanks for the linkage to the album download.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoa! Band feedback! Thanks for the update Tommy. I obviously didn't research very well (my bad) but I'm glad you stumbled in here and corrected it for me.

    Good luck with your other bands, I'll have to check them out

    ReplyDelete