Tuesday, December 21, 2010

The Honey Month

I've always said that the best place to find new music is by getting to gigs early and watching the opening bands. Sure, sometimes you have to sit through some absolute garbage, but sometimes you just get an amazing band like the Honey Month.



A few weeks back I saw them open for Girls at the Zoo. I wasn't expecting much, but when I saw the band set up instruments such as an upright bass, an acordian, a two string ukulele, a tiny elmo kids piano, two drums and others I can't remember, I instantly paid attention. What followed was some great folk-tinged indie pop. There was a lot of them on the stage with a lot of instruments, but they all complemented each other beautifully, creating some very lush music.

You can get some of their songs for free of their Unearthed website.

No comments:

Post a Comment