Wednesday, August 25, 2010

U2 tour

U2 and I have a love/hate relationship. I honestly believe they should've broken up around 1988 with the Rattle and Hum album (with the exception of the 90's song Miss Sarajevo... classic). I also hate Bono so much that I want to punch him in the glasses. See:


That list is actually on my fridge. And I rate him higher than Kochie. You know that's bad.

Anyway, U2 are bringing their 360 degree arena spectacular to Brisbane, which will be their first time in our city for over 4 years. Yay, I guess. They will be playing Suncorp Stadium on December 8. I'm sure you've seen it plastered all over the TV now that the election ads have stopped.

Apparently they will be offering seats from as low as $40, which probably means you will be in the top most corner of Suncorp looking at their backs the whole time. As the concert is "360" they will be performing the whole show on a circular stage in the middle of the stadium. Probably so they could pack more people in and make more obscene amounts of money.

The part of this that pisses me off the most (apart from Bono, and his green ways which are thrown straight out the window with the energy and pollution and destruction of the environment that comes with a show like this and flying over 130 stage crew and an entire fuck-off massive stage to our country and between cities/hypocrisy) is that their opening act is Jay-Z. Yes, Mr H-to-the-Izzo, who's married to Beyonce, and one of the best rap producers there is.

I can just imagine it now, Mr and Mrs Joe Average-Bogan, sitting in the stadium, talking about the last Broncos game they saw here (or comparing it to how it looks on TV during Origin games), probably wearing a horribly made black U2 tour shirt they payed $60 for, which features a badly drawn picture of Bono on the front (or maybe a wolf), pulling faces and wondering what this "rap-crap" (to steal their favourite radio station Triple M's words) is they have to suffer through. They'll probably make a lot of noise and ignore it, drink a few overprice beers, read the program (only giant concerts like this have a program... why the fuck, I still don't understand) and complain how they didn't pay to see this shit music (and maybe even make a racist comment or two).

Reminds me of my first concert. Ozzy Osbourne was the headliner, but the old farts had to sit through Mudvayne and Rob Zombie first, and they just looked disgusted.

Meanwhile, I'd love to see Jay-Z and not U2. Hopefully there will be a few sideshows.

Edit. It's also apparently the same day as a Brisbane Roar game at the same stadium. Possibly the same time. That could be interesting, trying to play a soccer game around the crowd.

No comments:

Post a Comment