Sunday, August 8, 2010

Soundwave 2011

I'm back from holidays, and that leak I posted of the Soundwave festival has been confirmed! But no venue confirmation yet. For a recap, here it is:


As far as Soundwaves go, it's not as punk/hardcore as focused as all of the earlier festivals, but it is indeed an interesting mix. Bands I'm very excite for include
  • Iron Maiden
  • Queens of the Stone Age
  • Slayer
  • Primus (my favourite band)
  • Slash
  • Rob Zombie (part of the first concert I ever saw)
  • Stone Sour (good boys from my old US home)
  • Pennywise (not sure how they will be with a new lead singer)
  • Gaslight Anthem (think a punk Bruce Springsteen)
  • Sevendust (one of my favourite nu metal bands from way back)
  • Less than Jake
  • The Bronx (as mentioned earlier)
  • Monster Magnet (90s grunge-stoner rock)
  • Protest the Hero
  • the Melvins
  • Mad Caddies
  • Trash Talk
  • Foxy Shazam (keyboard led hardcore funk)
  • Nonpoint (I used to drink to their first album in first year uni)
Ok, on second thoughts, it's a pretty good lineup for me. And for metal heads. Like most years, there will probably be no sideshows in Brisbane. However, I will travel wherever I have to go see Primus (hopefully with Foxy Shazam).

No comments:

Post a Comment