Friday, August 20, 2010

Comeback Kid/Architects/This Is Hell

One of my top albums recently released has been a hardcore album all the way from the snowy depths of Canada: Comeback Kid's Symptoms and Cures.


I caught this hardcore band at this year's Soundwave while I was waiting around for A Wilhelm Scream. And I was mightily impressed (but not as much as I was by the insane bass player in A Wilhelm Scream). Their new album seems to be a bit more thrashier than their earlier hardcore sounds, but to me it's still sweet sweet music.

They've decided to come down on a tour which has been the worst kept secret and most reschedule hardcore gig of the year. It's been announced in a few different forms, and then unannounced (is that a word?). But as of today, we know the full hardcore lineup: Comeback Kid, Architects and This is Hell. All three great hardcore bands that appeared on this year's Soundwave.

I'm not sure who the headliners will be, but this will be the hardcore tour of 2010. Wait, no, second best hardcore tour (Dangers/Graf Orlock will hold that special place in my heart).

This is Hell do the old-school melodic hardcore punk thing. Architects do a metalcore/almost mathcore sound and hail from Britain. I'm not as knowledgable of these two bands (at least in relation to Comeback Kid), so check out their music for yourself.

The HiFi, 3 December 18+

Comeback Kid
Architects
This is Hell

No comments:

Post a Comment