Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Soulfly tour

In my geeky, chubby pre-pubescent days, Soulfly was probably that first band that I got into that was completely different from anything else I listened to. I had no idea what it was back then, but their mix of thrash, nu-metal and tribal beats spoke to me. It probably helped they had a bunch of guest stars on their first 2 albums that I liked too.


Although I've drifted away from that geeky and chubby kid, and consequently the music that went with it, I still listen to Soulfly occassionally, including their new album from this year, Omen. It's not bad at all. They'll be touring Omen through Australia this September.

September 7, at the HiFi (18+)

They are also bring out two bands with them, City of Fire, which includes members of Fear Factory and Strapping Young Lad and Incite, which has Richie Cavalera (Max's, the lead singer of Soulfy, brother).

No comments:

Post a Comment