Tuesday, June 8, 2010

So Frenchy, So Chic

I can't believe I almost missed this show, but it somehow slipped under my radar. Probably because of it's "artsy fartsy" ways.


So Frenchy So Chic is a show at the Powerhouse next Monday, the 14th of June. This show features some French bands, most notably Nouvelle Vague. I saw Nouvelle Vague at V Fest years ago and was swept up by the whole vibe they give off. The vibe is Bossa Nova covers of classic punk and new wave songs. Although purely a covers band, they do something most covers bands don't: they make the song completely theirs. For instance, Joy Division's Love Will Tear Us Apart:


Amazing stuff. Nouvelle Vague has a revolving door of female singers, most notable in the past Emilie Simon and Camille. I am not 100% sure who is singing on this tour, but whoever it is, you can guarantee she will be amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment