Monday, June 21, 2010

Against Me! tour

There's no lying, I'm a huge Tom Gabel fan boy. I've come close to getting Against Me! stuff tattooed on me (but I'm a little pussy). So it's with glee that I can announce that Against Me! are coming back to Australia.


Starting many years ago as a solo acoustic punk act, Against Me! will be coming out with the full band this year. Not only will we get acoustic songs (like my favourite song I linked above) but the whole punk rock treatment.

Their new album White Crosses has polarised the fans. Many of the traditionalists miss the stripped back raw punk days of albums like Reinventing Axl Rose and As the Eternal Cowboy. Although these two albums are absolute classics, I love the direction they have taken with White Crosses. It's a bit more alternative rock, but the lyrical content that Tom Gabel produces is as good as it has ever been. He manages to turn almost every song he writes into a story.

Despite what you think of their new stuff, Against Me! is not a band to miss live. They always play songs from across their back catalogue and put on an amazing show. You'll find yourself chanting along and pumping fists to the sky without even realizing it.

October 7 at the HiFi (18+)

If you want to hear more of them, you can download their recently recorded Daytrotter sessions for free here: http://www.daytrotter.com/dt/against-me-concert/20032231-37382290.html The version of White Crosses here is top notch.

No comments:

Post a Comment