Thursday, June 17, 2010

Ima Robot new song

Ima Robot combine indie, punk and dance music into a strange combination that generally ends up in me dancing.


They've got a new album coming out soon and they have released a track from it for free. Ruthless is available for free on their website http://imarobot.com/, so go there and get it for yourself.

My thoughts after a few listens is that it is a more ambient electronic feel, channeling bands such as Janes Addiction and Groove Armada. In fact, the vocals make it sound a heck of a lot like Janes Addiction. It's a long six and a half minute song with none of that dance feel that their more popular previous tracks have had. It's just relaxing and laid back.

If this is the direction they have gone for the entire new album, they will lose a lot of fans of their dance punk stylings. However, I like bands that reinvent themselves and I really like the feel that Ruthless has. Time will tell I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment