Friday, June 4, 2010

Alexisonfire

Watch Out! by Alexisonfire is one of my favourite albums of all time. Accidents by Alexisonfire slots into the top 4 songs in my mind. So why am I less than keen for this new tour?


Quite simply, nothing will ever top that tour they did with good friends Moneen years ago. The culmination of the gig with both bands getting together to play Accidents... glorious. Since then they've released a less than awe inspiring album and I've seen them two more times. They still put on a great show, so I think I can be convinced to go back.

As a band, they are an interesting mix. A scream singer, a hardcore-punk throat vocal singer and a more suited to acoustic singer/songwriting singer. They put together punk songs, hardcore songs, softer ballads and throw in a bit of metal for kicks. Somewhere in their back catalogue is a song everyone will like, you've just got to find it. Hell, I even had a pretentious indie-ex-girlfriend liking their song Boiled Frogs. Go figure.

I'd recommend getting tickets to this early, I can see it selling out. I'm still undecided, but I probably will go, just for the awesomeness of their back catalogue.

October 7, the Tivoli. 18+

And this is Accidents:

No comments:

Post a Comment