Tuesday, August 9, 2011

The Revolution is over


There's been a mighty lot of internet whining going around right now, purely because the music festival Soundwave Revolution has been cancelled.

This was the festival I was undecided about going to see. On one hand, fucking Van Halen. On the other hand, it was a lot of bands I had either seen before or had no desire to see. And it was too expensive. In the end I bought a ticket, purely for Van Halen and the promise of a new announcement this week with a bunch of other great bands (the rumours of which had me tempted).

Heck, last night I even put in my application for a photo pass. So maybe I jinxed it?

The 2nd announcement kept getting pushed back and back and back and now we know why. The second major headliner, who was supposed to be announced became a no show. And for some reason, this caused the entire festival to be disbanded.

Most of the bands are still coming out for an east coast only run of shows and little festivals. So sorry to Adelaide and Perth, you guys are getting the short end of the stick. I'll keep you all up to date as I find out more.

Here's the radio interview with festival promoter AJ Maddah earlier today.

EDIT: Brisbane related updates from AJ Maddah:

Update 2, thanks to my man Chris:
The Brisbane shows will be 24th to the 27th.

Update 1:


If you can't see the picture, there'll be a 2 stage mini-festival at Riverstage and Alter Bridge will be playing the Tivoli. More to come...

No comments:

Post a Comment