Monday, August 29, 2011

Hall and Oates

I wish I owned a yacht, just so I could get away with listening to yacht rock without being looked at weirdly by all of my contemporaries. I just can't help it though, there's something I love about the laid back adult rock. It just always makes me feel good.

And the kings of the yacht-rock world would have to be Daryl Hall and John Oates. You probably don't know them by name, you'll know them by their songs though.



If not, you'd know them from that damn catchy Toyota ad of a few years ago.

To cement their spot as yacht-rock legends, they're playing A Day on the Green at Sirromet winery, like so many of their fellow yacht-rockers. February 5, 2011. Opening for them will be legendary Australian rockers, Icehouse. Who of course wrote one of our few unofficial anthems.

No comments:

Post a Comment