Tuesday, January 11, 2011

"Maybe you could finally be the one who reaches in a saves me from the flood"

Hey everyone. It's been a bit hectic in our state and our city lately, with 75% of Queensland under water. For those of you overseas, that's about double the size of Texas, all flood water. Personally, I spent the day packing up my apartment and moving things to higher ground before I buggered off out of there.

I took this picture this afternoon. They were some SES guys monitoring the flood waters of a creek that runs into the Brisbane River near my house. The creek and river are both nearby and both have drastically increased in water over the last day. Yesterday I was standing on that pontoon and now the water is about 2-3 metres above that. There are people much worse off than me, my thoughts go out to them. But it's still bloody scary. Tomorrow I'll head back and try and get some more of my valuables out.

When I get a chance I'll also post some flood pictures on my Flickr. They'll be buried amongst my gig shots right here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/nunchukakatta/

Luckily for me it's not a huge week in music. What little there is seems to be disappearing with the rising flood waters though. The Zoo has announced today that it's two big international shows (Jon Spencer Blues Explosion tonight and Jason Collett tomorrow) are both cancelled.

I'll keep up with the music news when I can over the next few days. Hopefully all will be fine come the weekend. And hopefully the weather will be nice by Big Day Out/Laneway time, or else I'll be in for yet another festival and another soaking.

1 comment:

  1. Be careful heading back there mate, latest projections put your place well inside the worst case models. http://media.bcc.ireckon.com/media/Fig127_12000_Inun_south.pdf

    ReplyDelete