Friday, January 14, 2011

Free Music Friday 8!

I've been preaching it for a while now, silently hidden amongst my posts. I think 2011 will be the year that garage rock resurfaces into the mainstream. Which I guess ruins the whole garage rock ethos/philosophy then. Maybe it's a cycle? Whoa, I don't know, 6 am is way too early to be going into a philosophical train of thought about garage rock needing to go mainstream to refind it's garage roots.

I digress.

Garage rock is the bees knees. And Ladder Devils are a band from Philadelphia, a city known for it's dog fighting and shitty bars, that play garage rock.

Their style of garage-rock is definitely a lot noisier and you can detect a bit of hardcore influence in their music as well. A few parts of songs even have a Future of the Left vibe. All of those things just make my ears happy.

They have a five song EP entitled Forget English which is absolutely free. Unlike some of the other free links I post up, there's no way to donate to get the music. Which I totally would, because I really, really like this EP.

Download
MySpace

No comments:

Post a Comment