Thursday, January 13, 2011

I'm Stranded

So the floods continue. It's supposed to have peak 20 minutes ago. It's dark and early in the morning and no one knows. But here's a picture from yesterday:


The floods have affected the music scene. Yesterday I blogged about the Zoo cancelling shows. There's a few others. Talib Kweli/Mos Def at the Tivoli tonight is gone. X&Y and Rics have cancelled all gigs for the forseeable future.

It seems that there is a great show on tonight that I didn't know about in the Valley. Gold Panda, an electronic producer/artist, who put out a great album in 2010 is playing at Alloneword. Here's the Facebook link. They're doing a fundraiser for the floods, like everyone. So go along and support and have a great time at one of my new favourite bars, with one of my new favourite artists.

As for me, I'm at my parents safe for now. My apartment...Who knows, probably underwater. The Saints said it best.

If anyone in Brisbane is doing any benefits or anything, leave a comment/contact my twitter/email me and I will do a plug for it. Brisbane and Queensland will need all the help it can get and what better way to do than with music?

No comments:

Post a Comment