Saturday, January 22, 2011

Free new tracks (Flooging Molly and Peter Bjorn and John)

Today brings you not one, but two new free tracks from great artists. The first one is from Flogging Molly, one of my favourite folk-punk bands. Featuring a huge Irish influence and 7 excellent musicians playing all sorts of folky instruments, they are always one to get me up and dancing a jig.

You can get their free new track, Don't Shut 'Em Down, by signing up to their newsletter here. It's less folky than a lot of their other songs and I think they are going for a little more of a mainstream rock sound, but it's still good. Especially the accordian. There needs to be more accordian in rock.

The other track is from Swedes Peter Bjorn and John, probably best known for that damn song with the whistling that always gets stuck in my goddamn head. Their new song, Breaker Breaker, can be streamed and downloaded from this website. If all you know is the song Young Folks (with the whistling) this will be different for you. It's short, it's distorted, it's faster and it's a lot noiser indie. There's no folk here. With my leanings towards noisy music, I like it of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment