Friday, February 3, 2012

Free Music Friday 37! The gig tonight edition

Based on the the majority of my posts, you can probably tell that I'm not the biggest listener to electronic music. It's not that I don't listen to some, I just don't get into it as much as a lot of other people I know. And when I try to, it just becomes so overwhelming with the different styles and genres and noises they make.

That being said, I know what I like when I hear it. And when something is free, I'll be more willing to give it a chance for the first time (and probably like it even more).

So today's Free Music Friday is a man from Sydney who's debut EP is slowly taking the world over (at least the UK and USA). His name is Oliver Tank.


He's bucking the wub-wub trend of popular dubstep music these days (at least I perceive it's the popular/dominant electronic style of music right now) and exploring more quiet, ambient areas. His EP is aptly named Dreams. The music on it is the kind of trip-hop sounding, relaxed, dreamy music which you can just shut your eyes to and let yourself float away.

Oh, and it's also free (well name-your-own-price anyway). On his Bandcamp page

Have a quick listen to it, and if you like it and have nothing planned tonight, do yourself a favour. Head on to the Bridge Club on Elizabeth St in the CBD and for $10 you can let yourself be washed over with gorgeous tunes.

No comments:

Post a Comment