Thursday, April 19, 2012

Record Store day

Record Store day almost passed me by this year, if it wasn't for Kayleigh pointing it out on twitter about an hour ago. I've supported it over the years, always heading to Rockinghorse and Kill the Music to stock up on music. Last year I got a special Sonic Youth 12"!

It's coming up this Saturday, the 21st. For those of you that don't know, it's a day to get out and support independent music stores. We in Brisbane are lucky enough to have a few, not just the two I mentioned above. You'll get live performers, sales and special one off pressings just for the day.

The one I'm most excited for has to be at Tym Guitars, as it's also celebrating their 15th anniversary and 4th in their current location on Winn St in the Valley. There's local and interstate bands (Turnpike, No Anchor, Violent Soho, Margins and Dumbsaint) and they are hosting a special listening of the new J Mascis album (J is great friends with Tim).

I'll be stopping in at some point, hopefully in time to catch No Anchor (bring ear plugs people) and walk out with a few records I probably don't need, but want anyway (last time I was there  I saw the Yuck 12 inch, I want it).

Go support your independent music retailers!

No comments:

Post a Comment