Monday, April 2, 2012

THE GOLDEN OLDIES TOURS

Who doesn't love when bands from the past bring us sweet sweet endorphins in the form of nostalgia? Well, get a load of these three upcoming tours from blasts from our musical past.

Hanson
As I am all too painfully aware, thanks to a few of my friends, Hanson went on and on and on past MMMBop. In fact they never stopped, becoming a nice little indie 3 piece. I wish I was kidding. I was going to link a video. But no.

September 20, HiFi
September 21, Coolangatta Hotel

The Darkness
The lead singer was once the fastest man on Top Gear and although they believed in a thing called love, they also believed in 80s glam rock with a hefty dash of Queen influence. They broke up, they're back and they'll be playing Eatons Hill Hotel on May 4.

INXS
I've always been head over heels in love with Inxs. They are by far the best Australian band ever. EVER. Fight me if you disagree.


The whole Michael Hutchence thing was just a crying shame and the misfortunes of the replacement lead singer has detracted from a discography of amazing music. I'm not sure who the singer is now that JD Fortune has been kicked out again, but they're coming back for a massive Australian tour. MASSIVE.
In our area alone we get:
June 24, Harrigan's @ Drift Inn, Jacobs Well
June 26, Empire Theatre, Toowoomba
June 28, Twin Towns, Tweed Heads
June 30, Eatons Hill Hotel

No comments:

Post a Comment