Sunday, November 27, 2011

Festival second announcements

While I sit here and recover from the awesomeness that was Harvest festival last weekend, here's the latest announcements for more festivals coming our way:

Soundwave third announcement
This lineup is already stunning, especially if you love 90s heavier music (which most of us at this age do). Somehow, to make it even more difficult to see all the bands you want to now, they've crammed more bands into the lineup. Of the list I'm keen for:
  • Bush
  • In Flames
  • Fireworks
  • The Black Dahlia Murder
The others I've never really heard of, but they are: Holy Grail, Hyro Da Hero, These Kids Wear Crowns, In This Moment, Conditions, Black Tide, Kids In Glass Houses, Cherri Bomb.

It's going to be a very long day on February 25, that's for sure.

Bluesfest second announcement
I'm trying my best this year to keep my Bluesfest hate-filled "why-no-Brisbane" rants down to a minimum, but there's a few bands on the second announcement that make me swoon. These include
  • The Specials
  • Crosby, Stills and Nash
  • Seasick Steve
  • Alabama Three
Seriously Bluesfest? Fuck you. Have a few shows in Brisbane. Byron for the festival is not something we can all do, especially over Easter. I'd love to see so many of those bands. You'll sell out, get huge crowds, make lots of money and still let us see NONE OF THE FUCKING BANDS. Argh.

April 5-9, Byron Bay. If you're able to get there.

No comments:

Post a Comment