Monday, October 10, 2011

Laneway 2012

Festival season rapidly approaches! Two announcements today, the first of which is next year's Laneway festival. I went last year for the first time ever, and had a reasonably good time, purely for Les Savy Fav. The rest of the bands were a bit similar sounding and the day was a bit of a let down due to the non-chalance of the predominantly "hip" audience.

Well this year is looking the same again... almost. Presenting, the Laneway lineup!


There's some good bands there, but the ones that really get me going are M83, Girls, Portugal the Man, the Drums and Yuck. M83, I saw at V-Fest a few years ago, Portugal the Man aren't playing Brisbane and the Drums seem to be touring here every 6 months or so now. So almost not worth it. But then, there's Yuck. This band sounds like a noisy reincarnation of the great 90's Brit-rock sound. This band is my front runner for album of the year. At the start of the year I was more than mildly obsessed with them. And M83 always put on a good show.

So yes, I am weighing up the advantages of going. We'll see how much the tickets are. January 28, in the usual RNA laneway area.

No comments:

Post a Comment