Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Reunions et al

Last week I was musing on Twitter about the rumours of two of my favourite bands reforming.  I said that as much as I'd like to see either At the Drive-In or Refused reunite, I'd be afraid. They both left on amazing albums and have built a legacy and a legend that is way bigger than they ever were as bands. If they came back, like most reunions, it would shatter everything they once were about.

Well today both of them were announced as reuniting for Coachella. Just look at this line up:


I'm already looking up tickets to California just to attend. The Refused press release hints at it being a one-off show only. At the Drive-In's new website hints to something bigger. The thing about both bands though, is that they were known for outlandish small venue shows and showmanship. Having seen various members of both bands randomly throughout the year, I can vouch for this (AC4, Jim Ward, Omar Rodriguez-Lopez).

I want to see them, but goodness I hope it's short lived and doesn't undersell their value like the Pixies did.

Time will tell...

No comments:

Post a Comment