Monday, January 16, 2012

Chuck's teen years: the tour

If you were ever a passenger in my car in my teenage years, especially in summer, you would've listened to one of three albums: Taking Back Sunday's Tell All Your Friends, New Found Glory's Sticks and Stones and Bouncing Souls How I Spent My Summer Vacation.

The other day a tour was announced featuring all but Bouncing Souls. The little 16 year old in front of me jumped for joy. In fact, as I type this, I'm wearing my Taking Back Sunday shirt I bought at a show in Chicago circa 2002.


(I came way too close to getting lyrics from that song tattooed on me when I was about 18)

Sure, their first albums hold a special place in my heart, but over the last decade both of the bands have put out such strong and quality albums. If you want to relive your teen years with me, come to the Tivoli on April 5, but only if you're over 18.

No comments:

Post a Comment