Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Jimmy Eat World

For any of us that grew up in the "emo" world of the the last decade, Jimmy Eat World was one of those big bands that we all listened to religiously. And who of us can't remember when we first saw this video with all the scanitly clad beautiful people?



Earlier in the year we were all blessed to have them come out and play a great selection of new and old tunes at the Soundwave festival. To me, the outdoor stage and mixed crowd really let the performance down and I left feeling slightly disenchanted with Jimmy.

But now, with a new album under their collective belts, they are coming out to do a club tour, which will hopefully redeem the Soundwave performance.

Catch them April 9 at the Tivoli. 18+.

MySpace

Rumours are abound that other emo heroes, and Soundwave alumni, The Get Up Kids will be supporting. That could make it very interesting, given my love for all thing James Dewees. On my old blog I had a huge rant about his awesomeness, but I lost it in some copyright issues. Too bad. He's the man.

No comments:

Post a Comment